Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Camotes Island, Cebu Philippines



Sun Rise over Camotes Island (I don't know if you can see from there)
Camotes Island is one of a few islands that you might plan to visit. The island is located east of Cebu. Travelling to this island is pretty exciting for me because I always love to travel or when I can I guess. I can be your little sweet explorer while your reading this, but don't expect me to bring you somewhere that is not on my topic( hahaha ). But, let's move on, I'll discuss on my next blog how to get there, for now I'll discuss places I have visited. It would'nt be a lot of places that you can see on this post but for me my trip there was worth it even though its just an overnight trip.

Where I(with friends) stay?
Aliyanarah Lodge  is a reasonable and affordable place if you want to save some money for your vacation. Don't expect too much I hope, you get what you paid for this kind of lodge/hotel. But I am happy with my stay there. Staffs are friendly and accommodating.


front of lodge

rooms view 1

rooms view 2
It is located in Poblacion, San Francisco Proper which is heart of Camotes. This place is accessible to eatery, Agora Market and Baywalk. So probably you won't starve when you stay there. It is 30 to 45 mins. ride from Consuelo,Camotes Port so my suggestion(if you like) is to rent a motorcycle/scooter. They don't have much public transportation available for people or you may bring your car/s or scooter/motorcycle with you. Advantage of having transportation with you is you can go anywhere you want without a hassle of commuting.

                                                        Baywalk                                                           
Baywalk2
As you can see the road is clean, it is one thing you would love about the place.

Lake Danao Park
Lake Danao Park also known as Lover's Lake it is situated within town of Campo and Union, north of Santiago Bay and Mangodlong, it's a perfect place for family as well as groups and of course for lovers. They have such activities you can do such as : Kayaking, Boat Paddling, Zorb and Horse Back Riding. You can spend your leisure time having a picnic or just simply relax on the shades and with a cool breeze.                                   
                                                  must try activites                                                                   
Fish boat


zorb
paddling
horseback riding
Spending times doing stuffs like these with your loved ones, will surely add quality memories in your life.
         Timubo  , Paraiso and Holy Crystal Cave
Timubo Cave
Timubo Cave it is located in Sonog, San Francisco Camotes. It is adjacent to Holy Crystal Cave in Union town. We are lost but we found our way to this cave, but one of the advantages of being lost to a place you don't know is you get wiser after and get the benefits of an adventure.
underground of Timubo Cave
holes to pass through 
hand(like) structure
I don't know how you define it but for me it is two hands holding each other. Nature is indeed amazing in its own special way.
                           
Paraiso Cave
  Paraiso Cave it is situated in Brgy. Macahilo , what Paraiso Cave differ from Timubo and Holy Crystal is it's crystal clear and cold water of it. It is developed by their municipality for tourism.
c
crystal clear water                     
Holy Crystal Cave
Holy Crystal Cave this is located in Union, San Francisco 20-30 mins. away from Aliyanarah Lodge. Among the caves I posted here this is the best for me, this man show and explain such things informatively. So you get the benefits of entertaining yourself for what you can see inside the cave using your imagination and at the same time learning new things.          
stalactite with sparkle of crystals 
Stalagmites with glitter like crystals
I am so blessed to be able to visit and get inside up to the 6th level of it, Based on Mr. Avito some of the people don't accept the challenge going to some levels because of the risk. I(with my friends) accepted the challenge and take a risk not knowing what kind holes we were going through inside the cave. I never regret, it is worth of muscle pain and sweat when you get to see everything. I'll discuss more on my other post A Must See Cave in Union San Fernando: Holy Crystal Cave together with video of how those little crystals that glitters like a stars in the night.


Thanks for taking some time to read on this post. I hope you enjoyed it.

PLAN - SET - GO
                                                                           



2 comments:

  1. My good friend Ada saw the green fish and the duck boats and wants them for her "Land of Yes". Her Land is a place for the dogs she trains to see different objects and assimilate to different situations. I guess it will be a very long trip to come get them though. But at least we have the instructions on how to get there. Great job on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a good place on that park, that fish thingy and duck boat is scary.. i don't even know how to paddle.. ahaha

      Delete